WE DO NOT SELL OUR HUG BOXES ON AMAZON. CLICK TO VIEW THE HUG BOX™ on. ETSY
November 15, 2021
While it will never be a perfect 'sustainable' earth, we can continue to help our earth stay healthy and beautiful. It's easy to find many small ways to contribute in our daily routine. I started recycling in the early 90's and I am sure people were doing it long before that... so here we are 2021 as more and more people have joined the movement... and we just keep doing the best we can together. And as I have moved into my older years, I have definitely appreciated the simpler way of living and less waste, more purging and donating and reusing and repurposing.
When I first conceptualized the Hug Box back in 2013, as a graphic designer, I wanted the packaging to be amazing of course. I looked into creating beautifully designed printed boxes and wooden boxes with fancy silky ribbons, but when it came down to it one of the reasons I chose to use a kraft recycled box instead of a gift basket, printed box or wood box or crate was sustainability. This was part of the Hug Box brand and so I wanted to come up with a design that was sustainable but also warm, elegant and classy. As a designer, my style was always simplistic, clean, modern and classic, so after 3 gift box designs - including different sizes, ribbons, tags, card designs and finally finding local businesses that offered recycled, recyclable materials, it evolved into what it is today. It may not be cheaper, but it's worth the money to me in the long run. I would ask customers what they thought of the git box design because honestly I often think about redesigning or getting a printed box, but they all say the same thing "I love your gift box, don't change it". So it may not be super fancy on the outside, but it's still lovely to me and my customers, and I also believe it's more about what's on the inside that counts. Actually this gift box says a lot from the outside in... it's the ultimate give back gift from the heart!
• We use locally sourced recycled /recyclable /reusable materials for our custom packaging and shop bags. Everything from the gift box, ribbon, shreds, notecards, sticker and envelopes are made from recycled materials.
• Our gift box tags are made locally by our artisan friends Madtree Woodcrafts. The tag is also reusable as a magnet.
• We buy products from local artisans - many from Georgia - which saves on shipping. Many of our artisans also give back to the earth, with how and what they source to make their products and/or to create their packaging.
• We reuse all packaging materials from any shipments we receive. We haven't bought shipping packing materials yet other than our recycled tissue paper to top off the packed recyclable mailer!
• The majority of our shop displays / furniture are repurposed. It is so much fun to see what I can create from resourcing from my home, friends or consignment shops.
Keep Newnan BeautifulRed Letter Merchant
November 03, 2023
October 03, 2023
September 01, 2023